- Ransomware is a type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system until a sum of money is paid.
How does Ransomware work?
- Computers become infected with ransomware and other viruses usually accomplished by tricking someone into clicking on a Universal Resource Locator (URL) or link.
- Ransomware can also spread by clicking on an attachment.
- Ransomware is largely distributed by email typically containing documents like fake mail delivery notifications, energy bills or tax returns, according to reports from security company Symantec.
- When users click on a bad link or attachment, the ransomware encrypts the computer’s hard drive, locking people out of computer files, including photos and music libraries and a screen may appear threatening to destroy the files unless a ransom is paid.
- Recent reports are now finding new ransomware that can infect computers without clicking on anything.
Windows Operating System Security
- It is well known that Microsoft computers often called PC’s are the most vulnerable to viruses and malicious hacks.
- Microsoft’s latest computer operating system Windows 10 comes equipped with security utilities that are designed to protect computers from malicious attacks but does not protect the computer from the user’s own mistakes and falling into Internet traps that invite problems directly.
Mac Operating System Security
- Although Mac’s have been known to be immune to viruses that would normally infect a PC in the past, there are increasing reports confirming that mac computers are also at risk to viruses and can surely be infected with ransomware.
- Apple has announced recently that they have revoked the digital certificate that is required for ransomware to be installed.
How can I protect my computers from Ransomware?
- If you use a Mac or a PC it is essential that you stay on top of performing all of the latest and newly released operating system security updates. This alone makes a big difference as it pertains to security and even general performance.
- There are many tech support companies that provide security services for home and business computer users. If you are not 100% confident that you can maintain your own computers and protect your data using a reliable backup solution you should contact a trustworthy tech support company and have a technician check and maintain your computer at least 1-2 times per year.
- Ultimately, think of your computers, devices, and your network like you do your cars or even your physical body. You need to perform recurring maintenance and checkups to ensure the best health and performance. If you do not have the knowledge or expertise to do these things yourself, you should contact a professional.
Tech Help LA takes pride in focusing on the most important aspects of our customers operations pertaining to their computers and mobile devices. All computers need regular maintenance. The Internet although convenient and helpful, it also has a random malicious nature that can cause various problems for users and their devices.
Our top priority above all things is to make sure that our customers know the importance of security and backing up their data regularly.
We highly recommend that you contact us to schedule a computer maintenance network and backup check appointment or a 5 minute phone consultation to speak to a tech about your current backup solution.
Microsoft denies claims that Windows 10 is being forced on Windows 7 PCs without asking users but many of our Windows 7 customers are reporting that Windows 10 is automatically installing on their PCs without permission. Tech Help LA has been getting calls trickling in all week that have been hit by this and users are extremely confused and shocked.
Nevertheless, we are aware of the matter and we are here to help. Feel free to contact Tech Help LA by phone (213) 986-5722 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule an appointment to address the issue if you are a victim of the forced upgrade or if you want to prevent the problem happening to your computer.
YOUR OPTIONS FOR WINDOWS 10
-> CONTINUE USING WINDOWS 10
-> REVERT BACK TO WINDOWS 7
-> PREVENT WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE
-> UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10
Chromebit – A full Chrome OS-based computer on an HDMI stick.
The $85 Chromebit is a 75 gram (or 2.6 ounces) stick that you can plug into any HDMI port — whether that’s a regular computer screen or that large TV in your living room. It comes with 16GB of onboard storage (in the form of relatively cheap and slow eMMC storage) and 2GB of RAM.
Google – Chromebit Device
In many ways, it’s a larger, bulkier version of the old Chromecast stick. Just like that device, it comes with a dedicated charger, but unlike the Chromecast, it also features a USB port. The Rockchip-based Chromebit comes in “Cacao Black” and “Tangerine Orange,” but overall, it’s a pretty unassuming device that’s mostly meant to disappear behind your screen anyway (hence why I’m not sure why there is an orange version).
While most people will likely want to use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to connect to the Chromebit, the USB port allows you to plug in wired peripherals as well (and with a USB hub, you could even plug in multiple devices).
Because it’s a full Chrome OS machine, you can pretty much run any web app on it. It’ll let you play movies and TV shows from Google Play, Netflix or Hulu, just like any other Chrome OS device, for example.
You could probably use the Chromebit as a somewhat cumbersome media center in your living room if you wanted to, but it’s really at home in a school, enterprise, or maybe call center. As long as the work only involves web apps (or maybe a remote connection to a more fully-featured machine), the Chromebit is up for the job and can turn any screen into a usable desktop.
In the U.S., the Chromebit will be available at Amazon, Fry’s and Newegg (interestingly, Google’s usual Chrome OS partner Best Buy isn’t part of this initial list of vendors).
Tech Help LA offers WordPress support and maintenance. Your web host isn’t liable if they lose your data. We ensure your website’s database, files, and images are backed up and safe. Hackers are targeting websites everyday and we use the best malware monitoring tools on the web to ensure optimized security and performance. Click here for pricing.
Tech Help LA also provides Web Development, Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing Services concentrating heavily on WordPress Solutions, Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook.
Tech Help LA is now recommending and installing the Ring Doorbell device for customers in Los Angeles and neighboring areas. You can purchase the Ring Doorbell device online at Amazon – Tech Help LA. Or you can contact Tech Help LA by phone (213) 986-5722 or email at email@example.com and schedule an install date and we will bring the device with us on the day of installation. The install, setup, and training should only take 1-2 hours or less.
The Ring™ Video Doorbell lets you answer the door from anywhere using your smartphone. It features an HD camera with night vision, providing a clear view from your front door, day and night. Call Tech Help LA (213) 986-5722 for an easy installation and training experience.
RING DOORBELL REQUIREMENTS
-HIGHSPEED INTERNET SERVICE
-WIRELESS NETWORK ROUTER
-IPHONE, IPAD, OR ANDROID MOBILE DEVICE
A built-in rechargeable battery lets you install the doorbell anywhere, or connect it to existing doorbell wiring. Motion-triggered alerts sent via the free Ring™ app (iOS® and Android™) notify you of arriving guests and deliveries. Cloud Recording ensures you’ll never miss any activity at your home. With Ring, you’re always home.
Tech Help LA has partnered with Foscam and Amcrest now providing reliable indoor and outdoor camera surveillance and security solutions for homes and businesses in Los Angeles, Malibu, San Fernando Valley, South Bay, and other Los Angeles areas.
Camera surveillance for your residence or business is a great and necessary tool to keep an eye on your biggest assets. Visible cameras are also proven to act as deterrents for criminal activity. Fill out our request form below and let us help you decide on a camera security system that best fits your surroundings.
Get a fast, free web browser
One browser for your computer, phone and tablet
Search and navigate from the same box. Choose from results and suggestions that appear as you type, including your recent searches and visited websites, so you can get to what you want in a snap. Search from the omnibox
Tired of filling out web forms with the same information time and time again? Autofill lets you complete forms with just one click. And it works across devices too — so you can skip all that small-screen typing. Start using Autofill
Pick up where you left off
Chrome brings your open tabs, bookmarks and recent searches from your computer to your phone or tablet, and vice versa. That way you have your web on all of your devices. Just sign in on your other devices to start syncing.
Experience a smarter web
Get the best of Google when you browse with Chrome. Chrome and Google work together to bring you more relevant suggestions and features across Google products including Voice Search and Google Now. Enable Google Now
Make Chrome yours
Browse just the way you’d like with Chrome themes, apps and extentions. Get straight to your favorite web destinations with bookmarks and start pages. Once you’ve set up Chrome, your customizations will be kept in sync across all of your devices.
CARSON CITY, NV – Governor Brian Sandoval and Elon Musk, Chairman and CEO of Tesla Motors, announced today that Nevada has been selected as the official site for the Tesla Gigafactory.
“This is great news for Nevada. Tesla will build the world’s largest and most advanced battery factory in Nevada which means nearly one hundred billion dollars in economic impact to the Silver State over the next twenty years. I am grateful that Elon Musk and Tesla saw the promise in Nevada. These 21st century pioneers, fueled with innovation and desire, are emboldened by the promise of Nevada to change the world. Nevada is ready to lead,” stated Governor Brian Sandoval.
“I would like to recognize the leadership of Governor Sandoval and the Nevada Legislature for partnering with Tesla to bring the Gigafactory to the state. The Gigafactory is an important step in advancing the cause of sustainable transportation and will enable the mass production of compelling electric vehicles for decades to come. Together with Panasonic and other partners, we look forward to realizing the full potential of this project,” said Elon Musk, Chairman and CEO of Tesla Motors.
“On behalf of the State of Nevada, I would like to acknowledge this monumental day and provide my initial support. This is a significant opportunity to make a major stride to improve our statewide economy. I look forward to receiving the necessary information so the Legislature can meet and take necessary action to support this major industry coming to Nevada,“ stated Speaker Marilyn Kirkpatrick.