Goodbye Windows 7 Hello Windows 10
- After 10 years, support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020. Change can be difficult and if you are in the Los Angeles area we are here to help you upgrade to Windows 10 or transferring your data to a new computer.
What does end of support mean?
- As of January 14, 2020, your computer running Windows 7 will still function but Microsoft will no longer provide security updates and fixes.
Windows Operating System Security
- You can continue to use your PC running Windows 7, without continued software and security updates but… You will be at greater risk for viruses and malware.
- The best way for you to stay secure is on Windows 10.
- Depending on the age of your computer and its specs the best way to experience Windows 10 is on a new PC.
- While it is possible to install Windows 10 on your older device, we highly suggested cloning your current system to a new solid state hard drive and upgrading to Windows 10 from the new drive with your data still in tact.
Backing up your data is important
- Backing up your data is a top priority. Windows 10 has a great backup tool for backing up your data regularly to an external hard drive that we suggest setting up after your upgrade to Windows 10 is complete or after your new computer has been set up with all of your data in tact.
- We highly suggest setting up a cloud data backup along with your local Windows 10 backup using Carbonite, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, or any comparable cloud based backup system.
ONLINE HELP REQUEST FORM
Author: Tech Help LA
Tech Help LA ✔
@TechHelpLA Los Angeles, California
Reliable onsite and remote Mac/PC Home & Business Computer Technical Support in Los Angeles, Malibu, San Fernando Valley, and South Bay.
Phone: (213) 986-5722 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
View all posts by Tech Help LA